11 April 2011

Monkey Monday | The Loveable Sock Monkey

Authentic Ozark Red Heel Sock Monkeys
The old-fashioned, handcrafted sock monkey dolls made with Original Rockford Red Heel socks from Fox River Mills have become a favorite piece of "Americana" over the years.  Intended and worn even today as work socks, mothers in the early 1900's fashioned these Rockford socks into sock monkeys for their children.  Clever crafters have been making Sock Monkeys and other animal sock dolls ever since ... Today, the instructions for making these dolls are still included in each package of authentic Red Heel Monkey socks.
I've loved sock monkeys since I sewed my first doll when I was a Brownie in the olden days. I have sock monkey slippers, a sock monkey wine cover, a sock monkey key chain, a sock monkey hat, and Bisou has a sock monkey dog toy.

SockMonkey.com

Thanks, tomB

No comments: