01 May 2012

Amazon Reviews | Fresh Whole Rabbits

I know what it's like to be a feral dog
August 6, 2007
By M. Rosen
Like many suburban homeowners, I like to kill and eat the wild animals that populate my backyard. To keep it sporting, I hunt naked, with my teeth and long sharpened fingernails as my only weapons. I've feasted on squirrel, raccoon, vole and numerous songbirds. But no matter how long I lay spread eagle and motionless in the hot noonday sun, I have never been able to outwit and catch any of the plump and juicy rabbits that hop just outside my reach and then bolt for the woods when I leap forward with a blood-curdling shriek. I have chased them at a dead run through the yards of the many unoccupied homes that surround mine but the pursuit always ends in frustration. But no more, thanks to Amazon. Every week, I order a fresh whole rabbit and affix it to a remote control car that is operated by one of my children. This way, I get the thrill of the hunt, and when the car's batteries are exhausted, I can leap upon it, bury my teeth into the rabbit's soft flesh and perform my ritual victory dance right there in the Walgreen's parking lot.

Whole Rabbit - NOT!
September 8, 2009
By BabbChuck
I ordered one of these Fresh "Whole" Rabbits, but when it arrived its head, fur and insides were missing. Not exactly whole, I'd say! Maybe it was just damaged during shipping, but I won't be buying another one. I mean - without the long ears, how do I know it even WAS a rabbit? It was the same size and shape as a cat...not that I've seen a cat with its head, fur and insides missing. I mean, not like really close or anything. On the plus side, it was delicious with a tall, cold glass of Tuscan Milk, so I give it three stars. That's three WHOLE stars, BTW.

A real time saver
February 9, 2007
By Alex
How many weekends have I spent, in the loincloth, knife clenched in my teeth, running through the fields trying to find a rabbit? (A bunch, trust me on this, a bunch.) All so I can have something to sacrifice on the altar once I get to the cave. Now, with this, home, fix a cocktail, go through the day's mail, finish my drink and drive over to the cave, yank this carcass out of the box and offer this at the feet of my dark lord and master, boom, done. I'm happy, my dark lord and master is happy, everybody wins. What a time saver.

Too much blood
January 25, 2012
By Mark Harris "Dog Man"
This review is from: Fresh Whole Rabbit (Misc.)
I've been a rabbit eater for most of my life, used to shoot my own but as I get older, I've been ordering online. When this arrived, I was quite excited to get my slow cooker going and have a great stew, however when I opened the package, there was at least 8 cups of blood and intestinal type matter with the carcass. I went ahead and cleaned it up and everything worked fine but I cannot recommend this product as it's a pain to clean the body up before cooking, my preference is out of the bag straight to crock pot without having to deal with blood and guts....guess this is what happens with age.


Who knew?

Link

No comments: