03 December 2009

Pictory

Pictory is a showcase for people around the world to document their lives and cultures. Anyone can submit one large, captioned image to each of Pictory’s editorial themes. I’m editor, designer, and founder Laura Brunow Miner, and I will select a few dozen of the best items from each theme to appear in each showcase.

Why just one photo? I want you to pick your best image — and, it’s really interesting to compare work from different contributors on the same topic. Other sites offer photo essays and bodies of work from one photographer, but I want to help a diverse group of people put together collaborative photo essays.


"Vivid Dreams" | Kevin Meredith
In a stormy sea of aggressive carpet salesmen in Marrakesh, Morocco, this sleeping man provided welcome calm. Everywhere else, my wife and I were harrassed by peddlars who acted as though saying "no" was the gravest insult possible.
Kevin Meredith's photograph "Vivid Dreams" is part of the first editorial showcase, called Overseas and Overwhelmed. He is a photographer, writer, and teacher in Brighton, England.

Pictory

Via The Laughing Squid

No comments: