19 October 2010

The Rent Is 2 Damn High | Jimmy McMillan For Governor Of New York


YouTube via The Daily Beast
... You'd think it'd be hard to stand out in a field of candidates including a former madam (Kristin Davis) and celebrity chef Sandra Lee's boyfriend (Andrew Cuomo), but [Jimmy] McMillan made it look easy. Some of his finest moments:
  • On the deficit: "It's like a cancer. It will heal itself."
  • On negative campaigning: "As a karate expert, I will not talk about anyone up here."
  • On gay marriage: "The Rent Is 2 Damn High Party feels if you want to marry a shoe, I'll marry you."
  • On ... [whatever]: "We plan to bulldoze some of those mountains in Upstate to make New York an independent state. I want my own cable company; I want my own telephone company."
  • On the rent: Too damn high.
Gawker | Jimmy McMillan Governor 2012

No comments: